Save The Date: 2020 Burgundy En Primeur Tasting
Date: Thursday 13th January 2022
Location: The National Liberal, 1 Whitehall Place, London SW1A 2HE
We are delighted to confirm that our 2020 Burgundy tasting will be held on 13th January 2022. Details will be sent to you next week. In the meantime, please save the date as this promises to be an excellent tasting and places will be limited.
We will be releasing our 2020 En Primeur Burgundy brochure after Christmas but here is a preview of our impressions, after two weeks tasting in the region, of what is undoubtedly a brilliant vintage. In summary:
- 2020 was an exceptional year for whites and an excellent vintage for reds, one of the best Burgundy vintages in the last ten years.
- A mild winter and spring led to an early budburst followed by a hot and extremely dry July and August.
- The harvest was one of the earliest on record producing superb quality fruit with concentrated flavours and freshness.
- The whites shows wonderful ripe fruit with lovely tension and quality is consistent across the board.
- The reds combine intensity and freshness and offer great ageing potential.
- 2020 resulted in a decent yield for whites but lower yields for reds.
- With such a small 2021 vintage to follow, down by as much as 75%, demand is bound to outstrip supply.
If you have any questions, or wish to discuss the upcoming vintage in further detail, please do get in touch and we’d be happy to help.